A large proportion of Ellison's Landlords currently reside overseas.
As nice as it is being away and forgetting about all the rain and cold here in London don’t forget about your responsibilities as a landlord!
• Is your property compliant with working Smoke alarms on each floor and Carbon monoxide Detectors; can you prove this? Alarms are now compulsory as of the 1st October 2015.
• Does your buildings insurance require regular property inspections? Ellisons do regular property inspections as part of the standard management service.
• Is your Gas Safety certificate valid? Don’t forget this needs to be done annually.
• Have you completed the NRL1 form? Tenants or Lettings Agents have a responsibility to deduct basic rate tax from any rent paid to non resident landlords. If you wish to receive gross rental income whilst you are non resident you should submit the form to HMRC and don’t forget to do your annual tax return.
• Are you aware of the right to rent act (immigration checks)? Landlords can be fined up to £3000 per occupier if they don’t have evidence of valid immigration status of their tenants.
Ellisons can let and manage your property and take care of all the above so that you can relax knowing your property is in safe hands and carry on enjoying the sunshine.
Call Jenny Narloch on 0208 944 8626 for more information.